Header Menu

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

118) The Touch of Twilight by Vicki Pettersson

Joanna Archer is made up of both Light and Shadow. She has accepted her destiny and is doing her best to do what she has to do. In public she is a Las Vegas socialite but in the city underworld, that mortals can't see, she is something more.

Joanna is slowly losing everything. The strength of the Light is starting to fade and now she has to help save her friends, her future and both of the worlds she lives in. To do this she may have to embrace her dark side or even give up her own life.

After interviewing Vicki Pettersson last weekend I realised I haven't caught up with the Zodiac series! So I promptly moved this third part in the series up to the top of my to be read pile and got started on it asap. However I have to admit it took me a while to get back into the world, as it always does when I have been away from a series for too long.

Finding my way back into Joanna Acher's story wasn't easy. I found things a little complicated and confusing. I however loved what I was reading and carried on till the end. Still a little mystified about some things but still enjoying everything. This series is so different that there is nothing to compare it to. This is one of the most unique series out there in the genre and I applaud the author for coming up with something off the wall.

I am interested in seeing what happens in the future books and looks forward to reading them. I just hope I won't leave such a long gap between them. This is a series you need to keep fresh in your head otherwise you may lose your way.

1 comment:

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I totally agree about keeping this series fresh. While a lot of the details I can recall I feel I'll have to reread or skim through the first couple of books to ready myself for City of Souls (which I'm really excited about btw) =)