Header Menu

Thursday, February 16, 2012

22) The Fallen by Celia Thomson

The Blurb :

Chloe King is a normal girl. She goes to class (most of the time), fights with her mom, and crushes on a boy…or two. But around her sixteenth birthday, Chloe finds that perhaps she isn’t so normal after all. There’s the heightened night vision, the super fast reflexes – oh, and the claws.

As she discovers who she is – and where she comes from – it is clear she is not alone. And someone is trying to get her.

Chloe has nine lives. But will nine be enough?

My Thoughts :

This weekend I took part in a read-a-thon and decided to hunt down some of my more dustier looking to be read books instead of reading the nice new ones. The Chloe King books, I realised later, have been on my shelf for four years. I am sure I heard them squee with joy when they saw daylight again.

I have heard a lot about the series and even read something about it being made into a Tv series. So I expected it to be amazing. However while this first book kept me guessing it only made me wonder if the second and third book would be worth my while. Not only do you not really find out anything in this first installment but you are left with the feeling that you missed something.

Not a complete waste of time but not something I will highly recommend. There were a few things about this that made me want to stop. For example the amount of alcohol involved, readily available and drinking with adults. While other aspects had me dying for more. Such as finding out what Chloe King is!

I did decide to read the next books in the series and my reviews will follow during the next few days. As a first in a series this did a lot of foundation work and left me hanging. Not bad but it could have gone either way.

1 comment:

Aurian said...

I have never heard of this series. Not sure I would have kept reading, or would be inclined to read on if you are left with so many questions and no answers.