Header Menu

Friday, February 17, 2012

23) The Stolen by Celia Thomson

The Blurb :

She argues with her mother. She "occasionally" skips class. And she alternately crushes on two totally different boys.

But Chloe King is by no means your typical teenager. The girl can scale buildings and see in the dark. Sometimes, at night, she even likes to leap from rooftop to rooftop. Yes, Chloe has the instincts and ability of a cat. And that makes her unique indeed.

It also makes her a wanted woman.

Because the Order of the Tenth Blade does not deal kindly with people like Chloe. It stalks them. Preys upon them. And wants many of them -- like Chloe, for instance -- dead.

My Thoughts :

I was extremely close to not bothering to read what happened next in the Nine Lives of Chloe King. However the first book, The Fallen, left me with a lot of unanswered questions that I wanted to know the answers too. So I decided that I would have to read The Stolen to find out. It was intersting what I found out.

The cool thing was that Chloe was some kind of cat. That is about all I absorbed from the strange explanations that the author managed to sew together. At times I wondered if I had missed something but a lot of the details seemed to be left up to the readers imagination to fill in the gaps. Maybe I am just too old to 'get it'.

In this part of the trilogy I didn't like Chloe very much and her relationships with everyone came across as false and forced. I also didn't care much for the plot which had all the action packed into a couple of chapters. The rest of the story being filled with boring daily things. Some of actual concept did make me excited but those little tasty bits didn't really last long.

After the first two books I was left feeling a little cheated. The actual idea was superb but the author has such a weird writing style and a curious lead character that Things never really met my expectations. At least some of my questions were answered and despite the disappointed I did go on to read the next part.

1 comment:

Lisa Graves said...

I love your blog! Content, context, and visually it is awesome. I was wondering if I could submit my paranormal romance novel - Atlantis - for future review?

Here is my blurb:

What would you do if you thought your boyfriend were a figment of your imagination?

Sure he randomly seems to appear and disappear out of no where.

Perhaps he is cryptic and evasive when it comes to details of his past.

But what if you can feel in your soul that you are meant to be together?

Would it matter?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

-Lisa Graves
www.lisagravesbooks.com

ps. Sorry if this isn't where I am supposed to request a review. I couldn't find a contact email.