Header Menu

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

60) Death in Perspective by Larissa Reinhart

The Blurb :

In Halo, Georgia, folks know Cherry Tucker as big in mouth, small in stature, and able to sketch a portrait faster than buckshot rips from a ten gauge -- but commissions are scarce. So when the well-heeled Branson family wants to memorialize their murdered son in a coffin portrait, Cherry scrambles to win their patronage from her small town rival.

As the clock ticks toward the deadline, Cherry faces more trouble than just a controversial subject. Between ex-boyfriends, her flaky family, an illegal gambling ring, and outwitting a killer on a spree, Cherry finds herself painted into a corner she’ll be lucky to survive.

My Thoughts :

The Cherry Tucker Mystery series was one I found by accident and so far I have read book #3 and now #4.  I planned on reading the first two in the series before this fourth installment but with Death in Perspective releasing this month, well I just didn't have time.

I enjoyed the third book and was looking forward to this next adventure.  Cherry was a fun character who reminded me a little of Stephanie Plum but with more luck and gossip and less explosions.  It didn't take me long to remember who Cherry was and what her situation was but it did take me a while to get used to her again.  This book had a slightly different feel to it.  I can't put my finger on it and it wasn't anything bad but things seemed more romantic and dangerous this time around.

Plot wise this was a good one and once things got going I was very interested in finding out who the bad guy or girl was.  However I did get a little confused along the way because so many characters were involved.  It wasn't easy keeping them all in their place and remembering what connection they had with the mystery.  I managed to follow everything well enough that I was rewarded with a nice clean wrapped up story.  An interesting and clever one at that.

If you are a cozy mystery lover then this is one you may want to try.  It certainly has a certain something and the on-going love triangle/relationship woes etc are a nice background story to follow.  As I mentioned, I haven't read the first two books yet but I don't think it really mattered much.  The author mentions the needed information to keep the reader up to date and I don't feel like I missed anything important.

I am looking forward to visiting this series again.  I am definitely going to go and read the previous books and will be keeping my eyes open for a fifth adventure.  I am quite interested in what happens to Cherry Tucker!






Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository




Amberkatze's Book Blog







↑ Grab this Headline Animator





1 comment:

Aurian said...

Nice review Amber, the cover is not as pretty as I like my cozies, but it gets better if you look at it longer. If I start this series, I will start at the beginning, but a sketch artist is intriguing and fresh. Adding it to my wishlist.