Header Menu

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

68) Lover's Instinct by Katie Reus

The Blurb :

Lupine shifter Nikan Lawless has it bad for Esperanze Cordona, the sweet and curvy woman who only views him as a friend. But when Nikan is assigned to act as Esperanze’s bodyguard during a weekend education conference, he knows it’s the perfect opportunity to seduce her off her feet—away from the pack.

To put his plan into motion Nikan cancels one of their hotel rooms, giving them time to get to know one another in a whole different way. But when a man from Esperanze’s past shows up in need of help, Nikan must shield her from a group of dangerous rogue shifters, all while trying to prove that they’re destined to be mates.

My Thoughts :

A long time ago I read the first book in this series.  Alpha Instinct impressed me but it was such a long time ago that I can't remember much about the story.  So when I saw this novella I decided to pick it up and hopefully jog my memory a little.

As short stories go this one wasn't too bad.  There was enough information to keep up with the general concept and it was nice to read something werewolf orientated again however I still couldn't remember much about the plot from Alpha Instinct.

All in all I enjoyed reading this and it stands alone very well.  It gives you a feel for the series and it reminded me a lot of Cynthia Eden's books.  Mystery, Paranormal but some romantic elements that can sometimes be a bit too much.  The plot however was well thought out and I enjoyed it.

Not sure if I will pick up this series again but I will be keeping it on my radar.  This is definitely something I would like but I don't have the time to keep up with another series right now and this one has already built up to four books.  If you are looking for something Paranormal Urban Fantasy and don't mind some romance then you have to give this one a try.





Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository



Amberkatze's Book Blog






No comments: