Header Menu

Thursday, January 7, 2016

4) Murder of an Open Book by Denise Swanson

The Blurb :

Her honeymoon may have been less than relaxing, but Skye Boyd née Denison is still high on marital bliss with her new husband, Wally. The fact that their family is about to get bigger is even more exciting, even if Skye is dealing with morning sickness—and trying to hide the news from her ever-meddling mother, May.

But Skye quickly comes crashing down from cloud nine when the body of one of her coworkers, science teacher and volleyball coach Blair Hucksford, is found in the school swimming pool. The troublesome trainer was on the bad side of almost everyone on staff and many of the girls on her team, leaving Skye to sort through a huge roster of suspects. Now she must figure out which wronged party was mad enough to kill, and quickly—before someone else in town gets bumped off. . . .

My Thoughts :

You can all breathe a sigh of relief!  I am up to date with the Scumble River Mysteries and there will no more reviews about the series until the next release!  My video game addiction continued and my listening time also continued.  I managed to get this book finished quickly and also enjoy playing my game.

There isn't much to tell about this one.  The blurb already says enough and because this one was only released in Autumn I don't want to give away more of the story because it may ruin it for anyone who hasn't had chance to read it yet.  I will say that it is another enjoyable installment, the location is Scumble River again and there is more school issues this time around.

If you haven't already tried this cozy mystery series then you really need to check it out.  If you enjoy audio books then I can highly recommend listening to this one.  The narrator does an amazing job of bringing the story to life and is definitely one of the reasons I enjoy this series so much.

I am really looking forward to the next installment.  It will be interesting to see how things continue and it will be strange for me to not have another installment ready to listen to.  Now I really have to wait for a new addition.






Amberkatze's Book Blog


1 comment:

Aurian said...

I do love the cover! And I think gym teachers are hated universally, so that makes a great corpse.